Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cookies for Santa

We've got a tradition of making cookies for Santa on Christmas eve. We make the dough, cut them out and then frost them all in one day before setting them out for Santa with milk. I didn't get any pictures of us making the cookie dough, but we got pictures of everything else.

The boys have not really wanted anything to do with making cookies with me lately, so I didn't even bother asking them if they wanted to help make sugar cookie dough with me. They took one look at me getting stuff together and let me know they wanted to help though, lol! They're so good at taking turns since we've been making cookies because I say, "Ok, it's Marcus' turn!" and then "Ok, now it's Jamesen's turn!" and they take turns really well.

When the dough was finally ready to be cut out, it was a bit of a fight with Jamesen. He sat up at the table great but didn't want any help cutting the dough out. He kept putting the cutter in the center and getting so upset at me when I tried to place it better so we could get more cookies on it. He calmed down after a bit though and did ok. Marcus did great! He was so excited and jumped right in. I had to keep him from making a mess by lifting the cutter up and putting it down on a place he's already cut out.


They were both so excited to help me with the spatula. Such a silly thing for them to be so excited about, haha! It always makes me giggle how easily entertained they are.


We waited until after dinner to frost the cookies and I guess we waited too long because Jamesen fell completely asleep right after eating! The boys got up pretty early and he's refusing his nap, so poor thing was tired. I'm kind of sad he missed out on the frosting fun, we were able to get a few pictures of him asleep on Sabe with Marcus frosting :)




Marcus did so well this year! He didn't make a huge jumble of mess like last year. It was messy, but he was able to keep the colors from mixing relatively well. I was so proud of him!


And he was so proud of himself :)



No comments:

Post a Comment